Progress

Second Draft: Bowstring - The Archer's Fable, 124 Pages
First Draft: Bowstring - The Robber's Rose, 23 Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

19th of September, 2011 - Slow Progress

Haven't gotten any casting done yet. Haven't really made progress on costumes yet. Been looking up plenty of info on making props though. Script readers, only two have finished out of five, that I'm aware of. (FM and his younger brother, I don't feel as much obligation to push you two along in reading it, seeing as you haven't been away for too long and are probably still settling in.) Since the script reading isn't done, I haven't been able to start on my storyboard either. On the Bowstring front, little progress.

My side projects, for getting experience in various aspects in filming, are taking shape to a greater degree. The first is a parody idea off of a couple video game series, mixed with real life. Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Brothers. The general ideas is a couple kids getting items from those games in real life, and what they would do with them. I've written most of the script, and only have a few props to make, so I'll be working on that shortly.

I'm planning to use that as more of a practical project, working on understanding the script-to-screen process, picking and shooting with different camera angles and techniques, having actors use props on some level, and no techy-special effects. Just practical, real-life basics.

My second project idea involves more on the special effects side, and is bigger on the other side of filming styles. More action based. Wanting to do that one as more of a sci-fi-modern-day thing. I believe it'll be handy to have an understanding of various aspects in filming, and to know some of what I'm doing before trying to film a big movie. So while working on Bowstring, I'll be working on these too. Oh, and more news on the tech front, I got a mac-mini. Hooray for mac! It's much faster than my PC, so I'm trying to get better acquainted with the mac and it's functions. But that's where we're at. I'm going to keep working on the first side-project script. Hopefully more news (better news) soon!

-Icey
Mountains of Parchment

No comments:

Post a Comment